WHAT SHOULD I GIVE?
There is much debate on exactly how much one should give. The word “tithe” literally means a “tenth”. That leads to the question whether you should give a tenth of your gross or a tenth of your net pay. Instead of debating which is right we encourage you to give with a grateful heart and seek God to guide you in which amount is right for you. God wants us to give Him our best in all areas of our life including our finances. Seek to honor Him with your tithe and He will guide you. In Mark 12:41-44 Jesus praised the giver who gave the least because it was her best. It’s not about the amount we give but the attitude in which we give it.
WHERE DOES THE MONEY I GIVE GO?
Catalyst Church is dedicated to being completely accountable to God and to our church family to ensure every dollar is spent wisely and judiciously. We are committed to ensuring that our core values and vision are the basis for all financial decisions. The finance leadership team is comprised of three church members, including our lead pastor, that meets quarterly to review our budget and make adjustments as needed.
Our weekly offerings are handled with accountability measures in place. More than one person is always in the presence of the offering as it is collected and as it is entered into our account and finalized ensuring it is accurate and secure.
We are happy to share our budget with any church member upon request and answer any questions you have in regards to it.
WHEN SHOULD I GIVE?
We encourage you to give regularly. Since giving is a spiritual discipline it makes sense to give on a regular basis to help make this a normal part of your Christian walk. Most often people give based on how they are paid. For example, people who are paid weekly often give weekly. People who are paid every two weeks often give every two weeks. By you giving regularly you also help us as a church to budget accordingly and ensure that we are able to pay our bills timely and represent Christ in a positive manner.
HOW CAN I GIVE?
We have several options for giving.
- You can give during our weekly worship gatherings. You will be given an offering envelope as you enter our worship area. You can place a check made out to Catalyst Church into the envelope or even cash. If giving cash we encourage you to fill out the outside of the envelope so that we can attribute the offering to you so that it will show up on your annual giving statement at the end of the year.
- You can also text your offering by texting the amount you’d like to give to 84321. With your initial donation, you will be asked information about your account. Once this is set up initially you will no longer need to enter your information Shortly after your text is sent you will receive a confirmation that your donation was received.
- You can also give online. Simply visit https://catalystgiving.churchcenter.com/giving, select “donate” and enter the amount you’d like to donate as well as your banking information. You can even set up a recurring donation if this works best for you. You will receive a confirmation email indicating that your donation was received.
- If you would like to mail your donation please mail a check made out to Catalyst Church 229 Golf Cart Dr., Mayfield, KY 42066.
- You will receive a giving statement for tax purposes by January 31st of the following year.
For questions regarding Catalyst Church finances or about giving please email: firstname.lastname@example.org